The Crushers baseball is about Grand Slam Family Fun! We rely on our front office, interns, and game day staff to provide top-notch entertainment and customer service every night.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Lake Erie Crushers.
To view and apply for employment opportunites, please click here.
2014 Lake Erie Crushers General Summer Internship Responsibilities and Expectations
The following is a list of the potential duties of a Lake Erie Crushers’ general intern for the summer of 2014. You will be given the opportunity to experience all aspects of how an independent league baseball team operates.
- Take full ownership in a number of game nights throughout the season
- Research costs for promotional items, entertainers, ect. to create a fun atmosphere every night
- Decorate ballpark and coordinate staff costumes for theme nights
- Opportunity to create partnerships with local businesses and organizations to tie into promotions
- Make sales calls to potential season ticket holders, group clients, and sponsorship partners
- Distribution of pocket schedules throughout the season to local businesses
- Assist with mass mailings
- Help deliver Reading Club, Season, and Group tickets to fans
- Daily shifts in the ticket office, responsible for working ticket windows and answering incoming calls
- Game Day- Working the Will Call tent and Box Office windows
- Learn to operate Ticket Return system
Public Relations and Community Development
- Work tables at expos, community events, ect.
- Grassroots marketing
- Assist with summer baseball camps and school field days
- Fill in as mascot for appearances throughout the season
- Assist with social media, press releases, and newsletters
- Weekly search of website looking for areas that need to be corrected, improved, updated
- Set up Fun Zone every game day morning
- Power washing the concourse regularly
- Various field maintenance duties
- Make sure suites are pristine prior to gates opening
- Make sure each suite has a newspaper, programs, and giveaways for respective games
Game Day Promotions and Operations
- Participate in, and find fan participants for, in-game promotions
- Bring new in-game promotional ideas to the table and help execute them
- Assist with giveaways and exit distributions
- Work the Fan Services table during games, assisting fans with various needs
- Game day program and roster insert preparation
- Work in the press box running the scoreboard or music during games
- Assist Director of Operations with any issues that may arise during a game
- Help with deliveries and inventory
- Work stands during non-Crushers events at the ballpark
- Receive and stock new merchandise shipments
- Assist customers during non game time
- General upkeep of Fan Attic and office, including cleaning windows, sweeping, and emptying trash
- Daily database entry from group sweepstake forms and other sources
This is an unpaid internship, and no housing is provided. College credit can be awarded for completion of this internship, and 5% commission is awarded for group and season ticket sales, or sponsorships sold.
All Pro Freight Stadium
2009 Baseball Boulevard
Avon, Ohio 44011