REWARD YOUR STAFF
2. Help part-time workers feel more like part of the organization.
3. Run a sales contest and reward the winner with tickets.
4. Give tickets to the person who came in the earliest.
5. Have a drawing at work and give them to a lucky employee.
6. Employee who comes up with a savings suggestion.
7. Accident-free inside the shop.
8. Attendance incentives.
9. Package them in with a product to promote sales.
10. Say “Thanks” to a retiring officer or employee.
11. Welcome a new employee to the company with tickets.
12. Offer your tickets to the person making the most additional sales.
13. Congratulate a recent employee.
14. Give them to your secretary or assistant on Secretary’s Day.
15. Give to your secretary or his or her family.
16. Give them to a manager whose department exceeded its goals.
17. Congratulate an employee who exceeded his or her duties.
18 Give them to a front-line person who appeased an angry customer.
19. Give to your customer service department that deals with upset customers.
20. Put a smile on an employee’s face who is having a rough time.
21. Show your appreciation to a company intern.
22. Send your co-workers/subordinates to a game together, with a meeting over dinner.
23. Give to an employee who doesn’t get commission to boost morale.
24. Give to an employee who left the latest last night.
25. Reward an employee for making the most appointments out of the office.
26. Give to your payroll department.
27. Give to an employee who has worked the most overtime.
28. Reward a department that hits their quota for the week or the month.
29. Give them to an employee who correctly filled the most orders.
30. Give to the employee who made the most sales calls for a particular day.
31. Give to an employee for his or her birthday.
32. Give to an employee or customer who has been sick as a “get well soon”.
33. Give them to your drivers for being on time.
34. Give them to your security guards.
35. Give to a prospective employee who’s coming to town and looking for something to do.
36. Congratulate an employee for hitting their yearly goal.
37. Give to an employee who is punctual.
38. Give tickets to an employee who makes the most cold calls in one day.
39. Give to an employee who renews the most accounts.
40. Give to an employee who generates the most amount of new business.
41. Use tickets for a Christmas stocking stuffer (Bonus Books).
42. Give to a business person or person whom you owe a favor.
43. Offer your tickets to a service person from another company who took care of you.
44. Offer your tickets to someone who always gives you great service.
45. Offer to a customer for the holiday.
46. Give to your office cleaning crew as a “Thank You”.
47. Use tickets as raffle gifts.
48. Give to potential vendors to enhance your business relationships.
49. Use tickets for trade opportunities.
50. Reward suppliers and vendors who help you meet your deadline.
51. On time delivery.
52. Enhance relationships with those who recommend you or refer your business
TO SERVICE YOUR CUSTOMERS
53. Give to a customer who makes timely payments or pays in full.
54. Reward for service recognition by a customer.
55. Invite a customer who hasn’t ordered/done business with you recently.
56. Take a loyal customer for his or her birthday.
57. Take a potential customer and close a sale.
58. Take a long term customer to say “Thanks”.
59. Take one of your smaller accounts and try to enhance their business with you.
60. Reward a customer who gave you a referral.
61. Win back a customer for their business.
62. Thank a customer who praised your company.
63. Take someone who does business with the competitor.
64. Thank a new customer for their business.
65. Use tickets to thank a new customer.
66. Give tickets to charity and use it as a tax write-off.
67. Use as an auction item
68. Give to members of a club you might be in (Lion’s Club, Kiwanis, etc..).
69. Thank volunteers for all they do.
70. Give to a representative on your local school board or union for goodwill.
71. Donate tickets to your church.
72. Give Them to the Boys and Girls Club.
FOR PERSONAL AND OTHERS
73. Use them yourself.
74. Give them to a team you sponsor.
75. Give to restaurants that you frequent with clients or family members.
76. Boost your own career potential by networking (it’s not what you know, it’s who you know.)
77. Enjoy July 4th by taking someone special to a game.
78. Offer tickets to your babysitter as a “Thank You”.
79. Offer them to someone who has given you helpful business advice.
80. Thank a neighbor who takes care of your pets, gets your mail, etc..
81. Give them to your child’s teacher as a thank you for their help.
82. Give thanks to your family and friends by taking them to a game.
83. Give to your mechanic, landscaper, dentist, doctor, etc..
84. Give to your relatives.
2011 Press Releases
All Pro Freight Stadium
2009 Baseball Boulevard
Avon, Ohio 44011